What a magical craft dollmaking is! With fabrics, yarn braids or curls, and a perfectly stitched smile, you can bring to life a new friend...In the chapters following, you'll find dozens of dolls for children to play with and for you to use and display in your home. The dolls are crafted of fabric, yarn, clay, and wood, plus plenty of imagination. You will also find expert tips on everything from doll dressing to stuffing tiny fingers and toes. In all, this book offers an extraordinary collection of dolls, with extra details to help make each doll truly your own.
Table of Contents:
* Dollmaker's Workshop--the art of the craft
* Playtime Pals (Best-Friend Doll to Dress; Ballerinas and Cowboys--Appliqu?Characters; Sweet-as-Cream Country Rag Doll; Huggable Mop Top; Ragbag Circus Clown)
* Very Small Folk (Down-Home Dollhouse Family; Sweet Sculptured Cherubs; Baby Doll to Sign with Love; Nut-Head Country Folk; String Dolls--Roped and Tied)
* How to Make and Dress a Perfect Doll
* Brothers and Sisters (Kid-Size Knitted Pals; Ready-for-Play Felt Friends; All-American Little Leaguers; Easy-to-Make Yarn Dolls; Stitch-and-Stuff Homebody Twins; Patchwork Playmates to Machine-Appliqu?/li>
* Fanciful Dolls with special uses (Spoon-Doll Party Favors; Old-World Tea-Cozy Hostess; Pincushion Peddler to Whittle and Stitch; Satin-and-Velvet Jumping Jack; Storybook Pajama-Bag Pal; Bride-and-Groom Sachet Dolls)
DETAILS & CONDITION
Binding: Hardcover book
First Edition; Fourth Printing
Publisher: Meredith Corporation
Numbered pages: 80
Dimensions in inches: Approx. 8 1/2 x 11 1/4
Please excuse the yellow lines on some of my photos. They are from my scanner and do not appear on the books themselves.
Covers show light surface rubbing and light corner wear. Text is clean with no notes, underlining or highlighting. Binding is tight.