The Book of Herb Cookery
by Irene Botsford Hoffmann
From the book's jacket:
The Book of Herb Cookery, first published in 1940, established itself as a popular kitchen companion, and is now reissued, owing to steady demand and changing times, in a new edition that contains additional recipes and a new chapter on how to convert a maligned leftover into an inspired creation.
As every cook worthy of the name will tell you, it is the imaginative and unexpected touch that transforms the mundane dish. The proper use of simple garden herbs creates just that difference....
More than fifty different varieties are listed in a conveniently arranged alphabetical table with commentary. The book is composed of hundreds of recipes, covering all items of the menu, all practical and easy to follow.
Table of Contents:
* Plan for a Sunken Herb Garden
* Alphabetical List of Culinary Herbs
* Meats and Poultry
* Entrees, Macaroni, Rice, Dried Legumes
* Vegetables and Vegetable Entrees
* Salads--Salad Herbs and Salad Vegetables
* Hors D'Oeuvres, Cheese, Cheese Entrees
* Fruits and Fruit Desserts
* Miscellaneous (Candies, Conserves, Herb Vinegars, Honey and Its Uses, Seed Breads, Seed Cakes and Cookies, Menus)
* Left-Over Dishes
* Additional Recipes
DETAILS & CONDITION
Binding: Hardcover book with dust jacket
Probable book club edition as there is no price printed on the dust jacket.
Publisher: Gramercy Publishing Company
Numbered pages: 256
Dimensions in inches: Approx. 5 1/2 x 8 1/4
Dust jacket shows light surface rubbing and some edge and corner wear. There is a 1/2" tear to the back of the jacket at the bottom edge and smaller tears to the top and bottom edges. Text is clean with no notes, underlining, or highlighting. Binding is tight.